The automated traffic enforcement system for traffic lights works as follows:
- The automated traffic enforcement camera operates only when the traffic light is red, capturing images of actual violations.
- The camera captures three photographic images of the alleged red light violation:
- The first image provides a view of the vehicle before crossing the white stop line and shows the traffic light is red.
- The second image shows that the vehicle has continued through the intersection while the traffic light remains red.
- The third image shows the license plate of the offending vehicle.
- After the camera captures an alleged red light violation, the violation will be reviewed by a Village of Willowbrook Traffic Review Officer.
- If you receive a violation, you may view the video of the violation online. You will need your citation number and the PIN number listed on the violation in order to log in to the Online Violation Payment Site.