- Recruitment - PD
Recruitment - PD
To view current Police Officer openings, visit our Village Employment webpage. Application instructions are below and included on the job posting link.
Entry Level Police Officer
The Willowbrook Police Department and the Board of Fire and Police Commission work collaboratively to establish a Police Officer Eligibility List. In order to apply, you will need to follow the instructions below:
Go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Law Enforcement Jobs and sign up for Willowbrook Police Department.
When you visit the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Complete the NTN registration process and schedule your test.
- Review all information related to the Willowbrook Police Department Police Officer - Entry Level including minimum requirements, salary, and benefits.
- Review detailed information about the testing process.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions and take an online practice test (if desired).
Upon completion of your scheduled exam, scores are automatically forwarded to the Willowbrook Police Department. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on Willowbrook Police Department’s initial eligibility list. The Willowbrook Police Department will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to participate in further stages of the selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. The National Testing Network does not replace the Willowbrook Police Department’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to Willowbrook Police Department where the final decisions are made.
- 21 years of age to under 35 years of age at time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted (unless otherwise exempt by statute);
- U.S. Citizenship;
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university OR
- An Associate's degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an accredited college/university OR
- The College requirement may be waived if one or more of the following applies:
- the applicant has served for 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable or
- the applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable
- Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test card issued by a licensed agency issued within six (6) months prior to the written examination
- POWER Cards accepted from these licensed agencies: NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, Triton College
- Eyesight correctable to 20/20 in each eye, normal depth perception and no color blindness that would prevent an individual from performing the essential functions of the job;
- No felony convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Weight proportionate to height;
- Tattoos must be covered while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel.
Our officers must complete an 18 month probationary in the Patrol Division when they are first recruited. After this period, officers are eligible to join any of the specialty areas that are offered at our department. Currently, the department has officers trained as:
- Field Training Officers
- Evidence Technicians
- Juvenile Officers
- Accident Reconstruction
- Bike Patrol Officers
- Crime Prevention Officers
- Breath Alcohol
- Firearm Instructors
The application and testing period is open until July 3, 2023.
Click here for more information and recruitment brochure.
Lateral Transfer Police Officer
Click here to view 2023 Lateral Transfer Information.
Willowbrook Police Department Internship - Non-paid
This program that will allow selected students from recognized colleges and universities who are pursuing a degree in the field of Criminal Justice to experience and observe the day-to-day operations and functions of the Willowbrook Police Department. The Willowbrook Police Department partners with recognized colleges and universities that have an active internship program, to provide a supervised internship program for selected students pursuing degrees in the field of Criminal Justice or related field. Interns are under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator, and the intent of this program is to enhance the caliber of people entering the law enforcement profession, and as a recruiting tool. This is a non-paid internship.
Click here to view the internship application.
Current Department Employment Opportunities:
The Village is now hiring for the following positions:
- Entry Level Police Officer
- Lateral Transfer Police Officer
- Police Department Internship (Non-Paid)
Interested in applying? Please contact the Willowbrook Police Department at (630) 325-2808 or the Willowbrook Board of Police Commissioners at (630) 323-8215.